California RBS Alcohol Seller Server Course
Courses for Servers is an approved Online Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) alcohol seller server online training provider. Our self-paced course meets all ABC / RBS training requirements for any server attempting to obtain his or her Alcohol Server License in California.Become a Certified Server in 3 Easy Steps:
- 1) Register for our approved ABC / RBS training course
- 2) Obtain your Server ID Number directly from the RBS Portal if not previously acquired
- 3) Pass the California State Exam within 30 days of completion of our course
Our course includes 30 multiple choice quiz questions to help you prepare for the RBS Department exam you will be taking in order to become a certified alcohol server after completion of our course.
You will have 30 days to take the exam directly from the RBS after you finish our course. We will email you a direct link for you to take the exam with the Responsible Beverage Service along with your certificate of completion.
All bartenders, servers, and waiters who handle and serve alcohol will be required by the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control starting July 1st, 2022 to be certified through the Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) within 60 days of hire.
After completing the course, we will provide you with a printable course completion certificate.The topics covered in this course include:
Information from the California Responsible Beverage Service
- The Social Impact of Alcohol
- The Impact of Alcohol on the Body
- State Laws and Regulations Relating to Alcoholic Beverage Control, Including Laws and Regulations Related to Driving Under the Influence
- Intervention Techniques to Prevent the Service or Sale of Alcoholic Beverages to Underage Persons or Intoxicated Patrons
- Development of Management Policies that Support the Prevention of Service or Sale of Alcoholic Beverages to Underage Persons or Intoxicated Patrons
Managers - Bulk Purchases
If you are a manager or team lead, we offer a group purchase option! If you purchase more than one class, you will be given vouchers to distribute to your team. Each team member can redeem the voucher to take the class. You will be able to track your team’s progress in our manager-only view.
If you were given a voucher, you will need to create an account and can redeem your voucher HERE
|Course Title:||California ABC / RBS Alcohol Seller Server Course|
|CA Training Program ID:||312662787|
|Add to Cart|
1. How do I get my RBS Server ID Number?
To register as an alcohol server (including managers of alcohol servers) with the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, the alcohol server will need to create an account on the RBS Portal. Once an account has been created on the RBS Portal, the alcohol server will need to select and complete the Server Registration form. There is a $3.00 fee associated with the registration process. This $3.00 fee is non-refundable. Watch a short video to learn how to become a registered server or manager.
2. How do I find my server ID number?
Your Server ID is in the “Server Certificate Details” box on your RBS dashboard. It is called “ID Number” and is a nine-digit number.
3. Is Courses for Servers Approved by both the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control and the Responsible Beverage Service of California?
Yes, Our Responsible Beverage Service Training program is approved by the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.4. Is this course offered in Spanish?
Yes, this course is offered in Spanish California RBS Alcohol Seller Server Course in Spanish
5. Do I have to take an RBS Training Course?
Yes! As of July 1, 2022, all bartenders, servers, and waiters who handle and serve alcohol will be required by the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control to be certified through the Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) within 60 days of hire. You will have to take an approved course, such as Courses for Servers, in order to take the exam from the RBS.
6. What is the definition of an alcohol server according to RBS?
Anyone who does any of the following is considered to be an alcohol server and therefore must become certified in order to continue working:
These include, but are not limited to:
- Anyone who checks Customer’s ID’s to get alcohol service or enter an ABC on-premises licensed establishment
- AAnyone who takes customer alcoholic beverage orders
- AAnyone who pours alcoholic beverages for customers
- AAnyone who delivers alcoholic beverages to customers
Beginning July 1st, 2022, any ABC licensee who has an “ABC On-Premises License” will need to have their all members of their team trained and certified in the RBS portal within sixty (60) days of the date of initial employment. This includes but is not limited to restaurants, bars, fast casual dining, tasting rooms (including off-sale locations), hotels, and stadiums.
7. How soon will I receive my certificate for the course I complete?
- You will receive a certificate of completion immediately after completing your course. We will submit your course completion information to the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control within 24 hours of your completion.
8. Can I register for this course without having my RBS Server ID Number?
Yes! You can register for our course without your number. We will guide you through the process and you will be prompted to input your RBS Server ID Number prior to launching the course.
9. How much is the RBS Exam?
The cost of the exam is $3.00; it is included as part of the alcohol server’s registration into the RBS portal. Once training has been confirmed by the training provider, exam access will be granted, and the alcohol server will have three attempts to pass the exam with a 70% or better before having to retake the training and paying $3.00 for the exam. The exam is currently offered in English and Spanish.
10. Is Courses for Servers easy to use?
Yes! We have a very simple to use interface to make your experience as seamless as possible.
11. Can I log out in the middle of the course without losing my progress?
Yes! You can take this course at your pace and log in and out as many times as you’d like! This course works on any device! Computers, Tablets, and Cell Phones.
For more information about Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) requirements in California, please visit the Alcoholic Beverage Control website HERE.
Group Purchase FAQs
1. How does group purchase work?
If you purchase more than one course at a time, you will be registered as a manager and be provided with voucher codes for each course you purchase. You will then be able to login and download the voucher codes to give to your team. We have made it easy to copy them to clip board, or export to excel. Your team members will then be able to create an account and use the voucher codes to purchase the classes. When you login as a manager, you will be able to see the progress of your entire team.
2. How do I use my Voucher code?
Make sure you are logged in, then click the button above or go HERE.
3. How does your group purchase program benefit me?
By using our group purchase program you will be able to track all of your team's progress in one place with our manager-only report. Also, enjoy up to 20% savings.
If you have additional questions, please give us a call at 1-800-597-4235 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Simply register, purchase your course, and complete. All of our courses are structured in an easy to follow format.
Take your course anytime, anywhere. Our website is available 24/7 for you to complete your course.
Purchasing continuing education for your employees? We offer discounts starting with purchases of just 5 courses.
A copy of the certificate of completion will be emailed to you immediately upon completion of the course.
Good in all California counties for two years.
We strive for excellence in customer service: if you are not 100% satisfied with our services, we will provide you with a refund.
You can register with an email address and a password. We may ask for more information after you purchase a course.Register Now
Got questions? We are here to help.